Breeding & Field testing
We apply the most advanced plant breeding techniques assisted by molecular markers for the selection and evaluation of wheat, soybean, alfalfa and safflower crops.
Under controlled conditions in a greenhouse or breeding chamber, efficacy of technologies can be evaluated. In the field, technologies, products and varieties are evaluated in comparative performance trials.
With the aim of obtaining new commercial varieties registered in the country, we carry out breeding programs. We have operational and design capabilities, from crossings to Plant Variety Protection, through generational advances, comparative performance trials, commercial development, increases and seed classification.
- Crossing and introgressions
- Efficacy field trials in breeding chamber, greenhouse and field
- Comparative performance trials
- Environmental safety field trials
- Seed and grain increases
- Seed classification at pilot level
- Other trials: Doses/response studies
- Special projects
Implementation and monitoring of activities under Stewardship